The Kesselschleuse was completed in 1876. Before, the weir, in addition to its function to regulate traffic jams, also served to utilise hydropower. The head and aft gates were most recently repaired in 1999 and weir system was restored in 2002.
The lock keepers house pertaining to the dam is a modest, single-storey brick building with a gabled roof.
Location: Finow canal, km 72,88
- functional length of lock chamber: 41,05
- lock chamber width: 9,60 m
- head and tailgate width: 5,27 m respectively
- min. water depth in chamber area: 1,71 m
Hub: 2,6 m