Nowhere else has so much to discover as along the Finow canal. Here you will find the ideal conditions for relaxing boat tours with a motor boat or canoe, especially if you like to take shore leave. Germany's oldest artificial navigable waterway invites you to explore. The twelve hand-operated historical locks and the nearby Niederfinow boat lift are a special experience.
Be surprised by the Finow canal, close to nature and with many opportunities to go on shore. Ideal for a cosy tour with family or friends. Silent witnesses on the banks tell the story of its industrial past. Read more
- Finow canal: max. speed without a licence 6 km/h
- Oder-Havel waterway max. speed 9 km/h
- The twelve hand-operated Finow canal locks are staffed in the season from 29 April until 16 October 2016 daily from 9 am - 5 pm.
- The lift bridge in Eberswalde opens in the season when needed in 2 hour cycles, daily between 8 am - 6 pm.
- Paddlers have priority when mooring at the green landing stage in the Finow canal locks' lower and upper approach.
- No commercial shipping on the Finow canal
- Max. depth: 1.20 m
- Min. clearance height: 3.85 m
- Number of locks: 12 (overcoming a gradient of almost 36 m)
- Max. vessel size: 41.50 m x 5.10 m
- Length: 31.9 km